Rules of Slots
There are a few standard rules of slots that are common to most online slots games. The slots rules and slots guidelines below apply in general to the majority of online slots games, including those played at William Hill online casino:
- You can change the number of lines you want to play, and the amount you want to bet, using the up and down arrows located next to the respective buttons;
- Pressing ‘Max Bet’ will spin the reels using the current bet amount and using the maximum possible number of pay lines;
- Payline wins are multiplied by the amount bet per line;
- Only the highest win amount is paid on each selected payline that registers a win, but coinciding wins occurring on different paylines on the same spin are added together to produce the total win amount for that spin;
- Wins that include scatter symbols occur independent of lines selected, are multiplied by the total bet, and are added to payline wins;
- Bonus feature/game wins are added to scatter and payline wins; bonus wins are often doubled or tripled, but check each game’s rules for confirmation;
- Winning combinations are formed from left to right on reels one to five, except when the scattered symbol forms part of the winning combination. Sometimes wins may be registered from right to left – check each slots game’s particular rules;
- The wild symbol (otherwise known as the substitute symbol) will substitute for all other symbols except the scattered symbol.
William Hill Casino Slots machines are played and programmed according to Atlantic City Gaming rules, and the registered overseeing authority is the New Jersey Casino Control Commission.
Online slots games present plenty of opportunities for both the serious and casual gamer looking to strike it lucky, and of course have a bit of fun on the side while doing so. Simply by downloading the online slots games software, gamers can start playing lifelike casino slots machine games. Consult our online slots glossary if you’re unsure of any of the terms used on this page.